- Product name: Spiru
- Botanical name: Arthrospira platensis
- Common name: Spirulina
- Net weight: 59.5 gram
- Content: 100 capsules
Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that is found in Africa and Asia, as well as in Central America. Free growing, spirulina lives in high-salt alkaline water in subtropical and tropical areas, sometimes dense enough to give the water a dark-green color.
Spirulina algae contains all of the essential amino acids, thus it is considered a complete protein source. Apart from the high (up to 70%) content of protein, it also considered a good source of vitamins, minerals, carotenoids, and antioxidants that helps protect cells from damage. It contains nutrients, including B complex vitamins (B1, B2, B12, B9), beta-carotenes, vitamin E, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, selenium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, chromium, sodium, phosphorus and gamma linoleic acid (an essential fatty acid). Spirulina lacks cellulose cell walls and therefore it can be easily digested.
The Phycocyanin in Spirulina affects the stem cells found in bone marrow. Stem cells are “Grandmother” to both the white blood cells that make up the cellular immune system and the red blood cells that oxygenate the body.
In addition, although spirulina is generally low in carbohydrate nutrients, it contains a unique, sulfur and calcium-containing carbohydrate called calcium spirulina that may contribute to its beneficial effects on body function and health.
Spiru Product – Spirulina Algae Indications
- May Help with Anemia because it is very high in bio-available iron. It also may help protect against diseases as a result of radiation, that affect the bone marrow and cause deficiency in the normal production of white and red blood cells.
- Spirulina algae is the world’s richest natural source of vitamins B1(thiamine), B-2 (riboflavin), B3(nicotinamide), B6 (pyridoxine), B9 (folic acid), B12 (cobalamin), vitamin E, and vitamin K1 and K2.
- To modulate and strengthen the immune response because it actively promotes cell regeneration and increases production of antibodies, infection-fighting proteins, and other cells that improve immunity and may help ward off infection and chronic illnesses. Moreover, it may help accelerate recovery from illnesses.
- Liver Support, it protects against liver damage and cirrhosis (liver failure) in people with chronic hepatitis. It also detoxifies the liver and may help improve liver functioning because it has a 62% amino acid content.
- To improve the function of WBC in transmitting toxins from the body organs to the liver.
- To enhance the body’s ability to generate new blood cells.
- Hormone imbalance, infertility, menopause, menstrual pain, libido and normal sexual function in men and women.
- Inflammation and PMS Symptoms because it is one of the leading sources of Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which is one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory agents in nature. GLA is also particularly beneficial to women, as it can ease the symptoms of PMS.
- May Help with Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). It has polysaccharides (Rhamnose and Glycogen) and essential fat (GLA) that are easily absorbed in the human cells and may help release energy.
- To balances blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol. It can significantly reduce high-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and triglycerides in 8 weeks. And increase HDL cholesterol.
- Cardiovascular health. It lowers cholesterol, reducing the chances of heart attacks and cardiovascular diseases.
- May Help with Infections (viral, bacterial, or parasitic). It has potent anti-viral activity; therefore, it assists in the reduction of HIV-1, Herpes Simplex, Human Cytomegalovirus, Influenza A virus, Mumps virus and Measles virus. The virus cannot penetrate the cell membrane to infect the cell, so it gets stuck, unable to replicate.
- May Help with colds, flus, and other contractible illnesses.
- Supports the digestive system. It contains probiotics and fibers that contribute to the healthy functioning of the digestive system. It eases the passage of waste through the digestive system, thereby reducing stress on the entire system. It also promotes healthy bacteria in the digestive system, and may help to improve the absorption of dietary nutrients.
- To increase beneficial intestinal flora thus reduce potential problems from opportunistic pathogens like E. coli and Candida.
- May Help alleviate Allergy and Rhinitis. It improves symptoms and allergic reactions by stopping the release of histamines, substances that contribute to allergy symptoms, such as a runny nose, watery eyes, hives, sneezing, nasal congestion, nasal itching, and nasal discharge and soft-tissue swelling.
- To maintain eye health because it is very rich in vitamin A and zeaxanthin, which are exceptionally important for healthy eyes. spirulina has ten times the vitamin A concentration gram per gram of carrots. It may help reduce the risk of cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
- Alleviation of symptoms of arthritic conditions and inflammations such as joints, ears, throat, cold and flu because it is rich in GLA which is also anti-inflammatory.
- Healthy, soft and shiny skin and hair because it is rich in GLA essential fatty acid. It also may help with hair loss.
- Diabetes Support.
- Healthy functioning of the nervous system. it improves cognitive performance, concentration and attention.
- Assists with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Anti- aging. It gives healthy, soft and glowing skin and may help regenerate cells and tissues.
- To enhance spleen and thymus gland functioning.
- Skin diseases (dermatological issues ) and fast and quick wound healing.
- To improves athletic performance and contributes to rapid comeback after exertion.
- may help with Malnutrition.
- It may help lose weight and maintain a healthy and fit body.
- To maintain oral health (gums and teeth).
- To strengthen the nails and assists to bone and tooth health.
- Respiratory system health.
- It has an anti-coagulant property.
Spiru Product should be used with caution in:
- Children under the age of 18. Consult a doctor first.
- People with autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, or lupus because it could worsen your condition. Consult your doctor before you take the product.
- People that are allergic to seafood.
- Persons that are allergic to iodine.
- People with Hypothyroidism. While iodine usually may help stimulate the thyroid, too much iodine, more than about 800 micrograms per day, can actually cause the thyroid to become less active.
Info: The recommended dietary allowance is 150 micrograms per day for adults.
The iodine content of algae varies widely, but it may contain more than 4,500 micrograms.
- If taken in conjunction with some medications. It is possible that spirulina might interfere with drugs given to suppress the immune system, including: Adalimumab (Humira), Azathioprine (Imuran), Cyclosporine (Neoral), Etanercept (Enbrel), Infliximab (Remicade), Leflunomide (Arava), Methotrexate, and Mycophenolate (CellCept). (None well documented)
Spiru product – Spirulina is contraindicated for:
- People with a metabolic condition called phenylketonuria (PKU) because people with this rare condition cannot metabolize the amino acid phenylalanine.
- People with Hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s disease because it has high concentration of iodine.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women because there is not enough reliable information regarding the safety and efficacy in pregnancy and lactation.
Spiru product appears safe, even at high doses.
However, Spirulina – associated hepatotoxicity and reactions from heavy metal contamination are possible.
HEKMA CENTER PRODUCTS
- 100% organic and have very high quality.
- Manufactured in an FDA registered facility.
- Hold ISO-9001 and ISO-22000 certificate.
- Certified by The local ministry of health and hold GMP certificate.
- Are packed according to the strict international conditions of safety, health and hygiene.
- Are exclusive to Hekma Center and can only be purchased through our website or through approved sales websites such as amazon.
Purchase from Amazon Reading scientific references Browse all our products Browse all packages