- Product name: Folic
- Common name: Folic acid (Vitamin B9)
- Net weight: 48 gram
- Content: 100 capsules
- Additional names: B9
Folic acid – B9
Vitamin B9 – Folic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin that is not stored in fat cells. Folic that exists in food is dissolved by enzymes in the digestive system. The human body absorbes only 50% of the B9 consumed.
Folic acid has an important role in the production of red and white blood corpuscles (RBC’s); therefore, a deficiency in folic may lead to anemia. A reduced amount of RBC’s, will decrease the amount of oxygen and nutrients in the body.
Folic helps reduce homocysteine in the blood. An elevated blood level of the amino acid homocysteine has been identified as a risk factor of these diseases: cardiovascular diseases, osteoporosis especially in men, Alzheimer’s disease and many other diseases associated with aging.
Symptoms of Folic acid – Vitamin B9 deficiency:
- Confusion and nervousness.
- Intellectual and mental weakness, lack of concentration and also forgetfulness.
- Depression and insomnia.
- Muscle weakness.
- Gingivitis in addition to oral ulcers.
- Hair loss.
- Appetite loss.
- Growth disorders in children.
- Nausea and dizziness.
Foods rich in folic acid – vitamin B9:
Lentils, asparagus, spinach, broccoli, lettuce, cauliflower, parsley, calf liver, beets, squash, beans, cabbage, strawberries, peppers, fennel, tomatoes, and also peas.
Folic product is indicated for:
- Women during pregnancy to reduce the risk of Spina bifida in the fetus, as well as, in the pre-pregnancy period.
- B9 may help with Anemia.
- Both Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Enteritis (of small and large intestine).
- People who drink too much alcohol and thus want to quit drinking alcohol.
- Depression and insomnia.
- Patients with schizophrenia.
- Overactive sebaceous glands, an oil-producing glands in the forehead, chin and scalp.
- Gingivitis in addition to different gum diseases.
- Glycogen storage disease type 1 (hereditary liver disease).
- People with birth defects related to the spinal cord.
- Myelopathy – a disease caused by a damage to the spinal cord.
- May help with dementia, Alzheimer’s and also other diseases in elderly people.
- Support the heart and circulatory system.
- Maintains bone health, may help with osteoporosis, especially in men.
- Different skin disorders such as vitiligo.
- Hair loss especially in people with anemia and iron deficiency.
- Diabetes type 2.
- Nervous system disorders such as Mental weakness, depression, discomfort, forgetfulness, confusion, and also insomnia.
The recommended dosage:
The amount of folic acid – vitamin B9 that is necessary for the body depends on the person’s age. Children over the age of 9, should increase the amount/dosage of B9. It is recommended to take 0.4 mg of folic acid for young women over the age of 14, 0.6 mg daily for pregnant women, and 0.5 mg daily for breastfeeding women.
In general, consuming 1 mg of folic daily is safe and has no side effects. Consult with your doctor before you take the supplement.
Women at risk of having a baby with deformities problems in the spinal cord must take large amounts of folic acid and consult a doctor first. These women are women who have diabetes or epilepsy who take medications.
Folic product is safe if used in doses less than 1mg\day.
Folic acid is possibly unsafe when taken in large doses by mouth for a long-term.
An overdoses of folic acid might cause: abdominal cramps, diarrhea, rash, sleep disorders, irritability, confusion, nausea, upset stomach, behavior changes and other side effects.
HEKMA CENTER PRODUCTS
- 100% organic and have very high quality.
- Manufactured in an FDA registered facility.
- Hold ISO-9001 and ISO-22000 certificate.
- Certified by The local ministry of health and hold GMP certificate.
- Are packed according to the strict international conditions of safety, health and hygiene.
- Are exclusive to Hekma Center and can only be purchased through our website or through approved sales websites such as amazon.
Purchase from Amazon Reading scientific references Browse all our products Browse all packages