How Can Tilapia Fish Help People with Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system attacks itself, leading to damaging the protective sheath (myelin), a fatty substance that covers the nerves in the brain. This damage affects the spinal cord, the optic nerve and the brain. When myelin is damaged, messages transmitted through the nerves alter or stop completely.
Symptoms of MS include vision problems, imbalance, mobility issues, and urinating problems.
The severity of symptoms varies according to the type of MS and the frequency of attacks.
People with MS are advised to consume fish and seafood such as grilled Tilapia to help with the disease. Fish contain vitamins B, vitamin D, Zinc and Calcium, which contribute to the proper functioning of the nervous system. Fish also contain various essential fatty acids (EFAs) such as Omega 3, which is very beneficial for people with Multiple Sclerosis.
Grilled Tilapia Recipe for people with MS
Type of Meal: Main Course/Lunch.
Servings: 3 Persons.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes.
- 3 fresh lemons, diced into large pieces.
- 2 cups hot water.
- 2 cloves of garlic Bulbs.
- 1½-tablespoon cumin.
- 1-tablespoon cinnamon.
- 1 pinch sea salt according to taste.
- 1½ kg of fresh Tilapia.
- Thoroughly wash the fish with water and vinegar and rinse completely, then place the fish with the salt and spices in a suitable oven tray, and mix well until you season the fish properly.
- Add the lemon and garlic to the fish and pour hot water on the bottom of the tray to tenderize the fish. Then place it in the oven at 180c for 25-30 minutes.
- Lastly, serve hot with fresh parsley and lemons zest on top for garnish.
- Before you purchase the fish, make sure to know its source, whether it meets the safety standards, and is not contaminated.
- Choose organic local garlic and avoid the Chinese low quality garlic.
- Add various colorful vegetables to your dish, as long as they do not contradict with Hekma Center diet for people with Multiple Sclerosis.
- Avoid processed lemon juices that contain preservatives. Always use fresh lemon in your meals; you can keep lemon juice ice cubes in the freezer in case fresh lemon is not available.
Natural Supplements for Multiple Sclerosis
Super effecient supplement package for Multiple Sclerosis - MS with medicinal herbs. highly recommended by specialists at hekma center. order now.
Eat Healthy Recipe Book
Eat Healthy recipe book is one of the recipe book series from Hekma Center. This book offers 268 healthy, organic recipes that help maintain health and limit diseases.