A Fast and Healthy Way to Prepare Tilapia Fish for Cancer Patients
Fish in general have high nutritional value of vitamins and minerals that contribute to the proper functioning of the immune system, which makes it a great meal for cancer patients.
Grilling fish in the oven is better than frying because it keeps the quality of food as it ensures the minimal loss of vitamins and moisture. Also grilling is the best way you can get the maximum nutrition along with flavor and it requires shorter cooking time.
Make sure to remove all fish bone completely before you serve it to a small kid or an elderly.
Tilapia Fish for Cancer Patients
Type of Meal: Main meal/ Lunch
Servings: Two people
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 KG of tilapia fish
- A whole garlic head or knob
- 1tbsp of freshly ground cumin
- 1tsp of cinnamon
- Sea salt
- 1 lemon cut into large slices
- 2/3 a glass of water
- Clean fish properly with water and vinegar.
- Put the tilapia fish in the oven tray and season it with the salt and the spices (cumin and cinnamon).
- Add the garlic and the lemon slices to the fish and pour the 2/3 glass of water in the bottom of the oven pan; then grill in the oven on 180c for an average of 20-25 minutes. (on upper heating element)
The Type of Fish Recommended for Cancer Patients
Fish, especially fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, tuna and anchovies is a low-fat high quality protein. Fish is highly recommended for cancer patients, as it is a rich source of essential nutrients such as vitamin B2, vitamin D, potassium, phosphorus, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Moreover, fish is a great source of minerals, such as iron, zinc, iodine, and magnesium; therefore, it is recommended to eat fish twice a week as part of a healthy diet for healthy and sick people.
Why You Should Eat Fish if You Have Cancer?!
- Fish is a rich source of omega3, which contributes to the proper functioning of many body organs including the heart and the brain as it regulates heartbeat and keeps the integrity of brain cells especially in people with brain cancer.
- It is rich in zinc, which has a significant role in increasing immunity, activating different enzymes and in fighting cancer cells. Zinc is a mineral that is essential for the health and vitality of the hair and skin. Zinc deficiency may cause health issues and various diseases including cancer.
- Consuming fish enhances memory for it contains phosphorus. It also increases immunity.
- Fish is a rich source of vitamin D, which is essential for maintaining the health and integrity of the body of a cancer patient.
- Fish is rich in essential antioxidants such as selenium, which reduces inflammation and hinders the aggravation and spread of cancer.
- If you have a hormone related cancer such as breast cancer, uterine cancer, or ovarian cancer, you should replace the cinnamon with other species such as turmeric.
- Prefer to add a salad dish or a soup dish suitable for cancer patients with this meal.
- Eating fish makes you thirsty; therefore, make sure to drink a sufficient amount of water afterwards.