The Miracle Tree- Moringa Oleifera in Relieving Over 300 Diseases
In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate
Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said: “There is no disease that Allah has created, except that He also has created its treatment”.
Moringa is appropriately named the miracle tree due to its benefits in relieving over 300 diseases. It was also called the tree of life during the pharaonic period and used for mummification. Moreover, it has been used for 3000 years for relieving diseases in India (Moringa’s origin), and it is significantly mentioned in Islamic medical books.
Due to Moringa’s significance, a lot of scientific research in the west and east confirmed its medicinal benefits. Furthermore, many valuable books commended its medicinal and nutritional importance. Wherein some countries, like Egypt initiated studying and cultivating Moringa, considering it a nutritional source for humans and animals. Many governments also developed future plans to eliminate hunger and dietary deficiencies in developing countries by growing the miracle tree Moringa Oleifera.
Moringa is a medicinal tree of which all of its parts and useful (leaves, branches, bark, fruits, and roots). The leaves of Moringa are used the most, which contain proteins, vitamins, salts, minerals, antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties. And it grows very quickly, for it is one of the fastest-growing plants in the world.
The Nutritional Value of Moringa Oleifera
Moringa leaves contain four times more calcium than in milk, four times more potassium than in bananas, 36 times more magnesium than in eggs. Moreover, they have 25 times more iron than in spinach, four times more chlorophyll than in wheatgrass, seven times more vitamin C than in orange, and four times more vitamin A than in carrot.
Furthermore, the leaves are very rich in fatty acids, like omega 3, 6, and 9, and are rich in many minerals and other vitamins. Wherein Moringa contains four times more vitamin B than in red meat, and 50 times more vitamin B12 than in Sardine. It also has 50 times more vitamin B3 than in peanuts, three times more vitamin E than in almond, and six times more vitamin E than in canola oil. Additionally, the leaves contain two times more protein than in yogurt and milk.
In brief, Moringa leaves contain eight types of vitamins (C, B12, B3, B2, B1, A, E, and D3), and 48% of the leaves are plant-based protein. And it contains nine types of salts and minerals (iron, calcium, sodium, phosphor, potassium, copper, chromium, zinc, and magnesium). In addition to 18 amino acids, 46 antioxidants, high levels of antibacterials and antivirals, and 36 antibiotics.
Medicinal Uses of Moringa Leaves
Moringa leaves are useful in relieving and protecting against many diseases (300 diseases), most notably:
- Osteoporosis, especially in women above 45 years, since the leaves contain a large amount of easily absorbed calcium, which helps with osteoporosis, alleviates bone pain, strengthens and helps fuse the bones in case of fracture, and accelerates children’s teeth and bones growth.
- Various types of anemia, for they highly contain vitamin B12 and iron.
- Significantly help balance the sugar level in the blood, and it is very efficient for diabetes patients.
- Balance the cholesterol level in the blood.
- Help with Gout disease and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Significantly boost the immune system.
- Help with quick weight loss, since they reduce appetite and accelerate metabolism. They also accelerate digestion, and one can lose weight without fatigue since the leaves are rich in vitamins, salts, proteins, and minerals. The body suffices its needs with these necessary nutrients when consuming Moringa leaves, and will not require other types of food to acquire these nutrients. For example, the body knows when it is deficient in iron; children eat soil when their bodies need iron. And pregnant women ask for liver or spinach, although they may not have liked them before pregnancy, it is because the fetus is asking to fulfill the iron deficiency through the mother (pregnancy craving).
- Significantly help to eliminate body toxicants and protect against free radical oxidants.
- Promote the flow of breast milk for breastfeeding mothers.
- Since moringa contains the fatty acids omega 3 and omega 6, they are excellent antioxidants. Therefore, it protects against heart diseases, arteriosclerosis, and strokes.
- Significantly support the memory and protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
- Kill harmful bacteria and various viruses.
- Calm the nerves and give comfort.
- Protect the liver and kidneys from several diseases and kidney stones. They can also aid against liver inflammations and fibrosis, and improve its function after damages due to alcohol consumption and drug use by detoxing the liver.
- Moringa is an excellent aid against Cystitis and prostatitis.
- Moringa leaves are useful in relieving several types of cancer, such as lung cancer, liver cancer, prostatic cancer, and pancreas cancer.
- Improve vision, since they contain a high level of vitamin A.
- Since they contain zinc and phosphor, they help with impotence in men and women, increase fertility, help with some infertility problems, and stimulate estrogen in the uterus.
Additional Uses of Moringa Leaves
- Decrease high blood pressure.
- Help with asthma and allergies.
- Help with gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer, and digestive system disorders.
- Improve the functions of body organs, and stimulate hormones secretion. As well as supporting the muscles and nerves, helping with blood clots, and regulating the heartbeat.
- Moringa is a diuretic and a urinary anti-infective.
- Moringa leaves and oil are useful for hair growth, reduce shedding, and strengthen the hair.
- Cleanse and nourish the face.
- Moringa seeds help purify contaminated water.
- Help balance the thyroid gland function (hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism).
- Help with colon and small intestines inflammations.
- Reduce epileptic seizures.
- Help with hepatitis B.
- Help protect against brain cells’ death and strokes.
- Facilitate excretion without diarrhea.
- Reduce smoking damages.
- Relieving different brain disorders, such as dementia, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
All the above information are a small portion of what has been written and discovered by scientific research about the miracle tree Moringa Oleifera, which is known worldwide but neglected.
At Hekma Center, we have been using it for over five years, and it proved its effectiveness in relieving many diseases successfully.
Proper Use of Moringa Leaves
One can eat Moringa leaves fresh like a salad, cooked like spinach, or dried and used like spices on food. And the easiest way is to take them as capsules, which contain Moringa leaves that are carefully dried and sanitized in accordance with the strict instructions of the ministry of health.
You can get the moringa capsules in a bottle of 100 capsules. They are certified by the ministry of health with GMP and ISO certificates, and are FDA-approved. They are packed according to the strict universal safety and health laws.