Strawberry Salad for MS Patients – Find Out Its Incredible Benefits
Strawberry salad for MS patients is a nutritious, tasty salad that consists of strawberry, along with other fruits and vegetables.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) patients are recommended to add this fruit to their diet. For it is rich in vitamin C, in addition to plant compounds that help support the nervous system functions properly. And as you know, multiple sclerosis occurs when the immune system attacks part of the nervous system, mainly the myelin sheath surrounding the nerve cells.
On the other hand, consuming strawberries is believed to contribute to protecting the optic nerve from damage, which is an issue that can occur to MS patients. Optic nerve damage leads to vision impairments, like blurry vision and short-term blindness.
Things you Need to Know about Depression in Multiple Sclerosis
Depression is a common mood disorder that MS patients suffer from. And it usually leads to a deterioration in quality of life.
However, some psychological interventions can help multiple sclerosis patients overcome depression. Mindfulness-based intervention (MBI), is one of these efficient interventions that can help overcome depression. In this approach, the MS patient only pays attention to the present moment, without thinking of the future or the past. This psychological intervention plays an effective role in alleviating anxiety, depression, and stress that MS patients go through. And studies indicated that it contributed to improving the life quality of MS patients, and its positive effect lasted for 6 months.
Strawberry Salad for MS Patients Recipe
Meal Type: Side Meal/ Salad.
Servings: 2 people.
Total Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves.
- 1 cup diced strawberries.
- Blueberry or any desired berries instead.
- Toasted walnuts.
- ¼ teaspoon buckwheat.
- ¼ cup green bell pepper and goat cheese for garnishing, but you can use dietary yeast instead.
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil.
- 3 tablespoons grape vinegar.
- 2 spoons mountain honey.
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt.
- 1 pinch ground black pepper.
- Thoroughly wash the strawberries and vegetables with water and salt.
- Chop the spinach leaves into large pieces, and dice the strawberries into halves or the desired size and dry them well.
- Chop the green bell pepper into small cubes.
- Place the spinach, strawberry, and buckwheat on the serving plate, then add the berries, bell peppers, and goat cheese.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a tightly closed glass jar, then shake it well until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the dressing on the strawberry salad and serve at room temperature.
Natural Supplements for Multiple Sclerosis
Super effecient supplement package for Multiple Sclerosis - MS with medicinal herbs. highly recommended by specialists at hekma center. order now.
Eat Healthy Recipe Book
Eat Healthy recipe book is one of the recipe book series from Hekma Center. This book offers 268 healthy, organic recipes that help maintain health and limit diseases.