Salmon Steak with Vegetables for Cancer Patients
You are what you eat is not just a saying. There is an importance for the diversification in food for cancer patients. Trying different foods with different colors contributes to the overall health of cancer patients as every food has different components and thus different nutritional values.
However, you should try to eat everything in moderation even when you are having healthy food. This way you will provide your body with the essential vitamins and minerals to fight cancer and you will be able to enjoy a versatile diet rather than to always repeating the same foods.
Among the recommended foods for cancer patients is fish, especially deep cold water fish such as salmon, tuna and mackerel. These fish are rich in vitamin D and omega3 fatty acid, which help balance of the immune system, stimulate metabolism, and provide energy to help the human body fight cancerous cells and prevent its proliferation.
Preparing a salmon does not take mush time or effort; on top of that, it is very tasty and healthy.
There are many different ways to prepare a salmon steak with vegetables, and here is a quick and delicious way to do so.
Salmon Steak with Vegetables
Category of Food: Main meal – Lunch/Dinner
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Two people
You can have it with a side salad to make the meal more rich and healthy.
- 1 tablespoon of nectar honey or maple syrup or other sweetener.
- A pinch of powdered garlic
- A pinch of black pepper
- Hot or sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons of water
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 a cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 a cup of lemon juice
Mix all ingredients together to make a sauce and then smear the salmon steak in it and leave it on a side for a while.
- For vegetables, you can choose green beans, carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, zucchini, or others. Cut the vegetables into large pieces, and then put them in boiling water and let them boil for 5 minutes.
- Cook the smeared salmon with the boiled vegetables in a pan for 15 minutes or a bit longer until its done.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil and take the pan off the stove.
- Place the salmon steak with vegetables in a serving dish and prepare you side salad.
- Bon appetite.