You Want to Control Blood Sugar Levels? Start with the Salad
Salads must be included as a significant part of diabetes mellitus type 2 patients’ diet since they contain nutrients that help manage this disease. They not only prevent the sugar level from increasing in the blood, but also alleviate arteries’ damages, and as the damages decrease, the risk of complications on the long-run decrease, such as heart attacks and strokes. We would like to share with you one of the salad options we provide at Hekma Center’s website, enjoy this recipe for rocket and beetroot salad to control blood sugar levels.
Rocket and Beetroot Salad Recipe to Control Blood Sugar Levels
Type of Meal: Appetizer/ Salad.
Preparation Time: 2 Minutes.
Servings: 2 Persons.
- ½ cup of grated carrots.
- 1 cup of fresh pomegranate.
- 1 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander.
- 1 cup of fresh rocket leaves chopped into large pieces.
- 1 cup of red boiled and chopped beetroots.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 teaspoon of organic pomegranate molasses, free of sugar and preservatives.
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Combine the salad ingredients.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
Control Your Blood Sugar Levels with Rocket and Beetroot Salad
Discover the benefits of the one of the wonderful salad options, rocket and beetroot salad. This recipe offers a delicious way to achieve your goal by eating low-calorie foods rich in fibers and suitable for diabetes patients, and you can it as a snack or a side dish, without reducing the number of nutrients.
Beetroot and Diabetes Mellitus
Diabetes mellitus type 2 causes blood vessels’ damage, which leads to complications that might affect the eyes, heart, kidneys, and other body organs. Beetroots contain nitrates that help improve the blood vessels’ ability to widen (dilate) and enhance the blood flow, consequently reduce blood pressure and protect diabetes patients against complications.
Moreover, beetroots help reduce nerve damage for diabetes mellitus patients, for they contain the antioxidant alpha-lipoic acid. Furthermore, the fibers in beetroots make you feel full for a long time, as a result, you would not eat food in large amounts. Also, beetroots highly contain a metabolic that reduces insulin resistance, which helps lower sugar levels in the blood.
Rocket and Diabetes Mellitus
Rocket is a nutritious food, low in calories and rich in antioxidants that contribute to removing free radicals that might harm the blood vessels. It also contains high levels of plant nutrients that help reduce inflammations. Moreover, rocket is an excellent source of folic acid and manganese, and contains very little fats and no cholesterol.
- Unlike other vegetables that lose their nutritional value when preserved, beetroots can be preserved since they contain plenty of antioxidants.
- Do not skip or reduce your meals in order to avoid feeling hungry and overeating.
- Eat low-calorie meals, such as rocket and beetroot salad because it contains many benefits.
- Avoid white bread, white rice, pasta, and other high-carb starches.
- Avoid canned foods, and consume fresh foods instead, for they are delicious and contain more nutrients.
- Maintain a healthy diet and consume diverse foods in order to acquire vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that your body needs. Increase vegetable and leafy vegetable intake, and eat fish instead of red meats.
- Exclude all products that contain processed sugars from your meals and beverages.
Natural Supplements for Diabetes Mellitus
Super effecient supplement package for Diabetes type 2 with medicinal herbs. highly recommended by specialists at hekma center. order you package now.