Qatayef with Cream for Endometriosis
Healthy Dessert for Women with Endometriosis
Sweets are one of the foods that all people like because of their delicious taste. However, there are several reasons that prevent us from eating them, especially for women with endometriosis, because sugars aggravate their symptoms. Patients are advised to follow a healthy, balanced diet that contains fruits, vegetables, and whole grains rich in fiber to help lower estrogen level. In this article, we will learn how to prepare healthy qatayef with cream, a dessert suitable for women with endometriosis.
Qatayef with Cream for Endometriosis
Meal type: snack.
Servings: 7 – 12 people.
Cooking time: 15 – 30 minutes.
Total preparation time: 65 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast.
- 2½ cups warm water.
- Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- 3 cups whole grain flour.
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- Drops of blossom water (optional).
- 1 tablespoon baking powder.
- Organic goat or vegan cream.
Ingredients for Covering
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Honey or any natural sweetener as desired.
- Firstly, mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a deep bowl.
- Put honey and yeast in half a cup of warm water, and leave aside for 3 minutes.
- Knead the flour with the rest of the warm water.
- Add water, yeast, and blossom water to the dough and mix well. You can use an electric mixer to avoid any lumps in the mixture.
- Leave the mixture in a warm place for 10– 15 minutes.
- Cook the mixture on a smooth, hot surface brushed with coconut oil.
- Reduce the heat from high to medium to cook the mixture, pour it in equal circles, then leave it until bubbles appear at the top and are not sticky, this means that it is cooked well.
- Cook only on one side. After that, keep it in a warm and well-covered place until you finish all the mixture.
- Put a tablespoon of organic or vegan cream in the middle of qatayef, then close it well in a semicircle.
- Add coconut oil to a large frying pan after heating it over medium heat.
- Add the qatayef and fry on both sides.
- Put the qatayef in a serving dish.
- Then sweeten with honey, maple syrup, or date molasses.
- Garnish with crushed pistachios.
Whole Grain Flour Benefits for Endometriosis
Adding whole-grain flour to your diet helps reduce the risk of heart disease. It also helps give a feeling of satiety and reduce overeating, which helps reduce the risk of obesity, a risk factor for many serious diseases. This is beneficial for women with endometriosis who are overweight.
Moreover, whole grain flour contains antioxidants, vitamin K and fiber. These nutrients help reduce the risk of stroke. This flour also helps reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes because it lowers blood sugar levels and improves insulin sensitivity.
Furthermore, whole grain flour contains magnesium, which helps metabolize carbohydrates. It also helps support the digestive system and reduce constipation, a common symptom of endometriosis. Additionally, whole grain flour helps reduce inflammation, one of the causes of many chronic diseases, which helps women with endometriosis manage inflammations associated with the disease.
- Avoid using artificial sweeteners and replace them with natural sweeteners.
- Avoid psychological pressures.
- Try to lose weight.
- Do regular physical activities.
Natural Supplements for Endometriosis
Super effecient supplement package for Endometriosis with medicinal herbs. highly recommended by specialists at hekma center. order you package now.
Eat Healthy Recipe Book
Eat Healthy recipe book is one of the recipe book series from Hekma Center. This book offers 268 healthy, organic recipes that help maintain health and limit diseases.