Health Benefits of Oatmeal
Oatmeal has always been an ideal, healthy breakfast to start the day. It is usually cooked with liquids and served warm, and often people add nuts or different fruits like berries and strawberries to upgrade it. Some also use oatmeal in baking bread, cookies, or biscuits.
Oatmeal contains several nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, and fibers. And since it a whole-grain food, it contains more nutrients than other grains. Oatmeal is rich in phosphorus, thiamine, magnesium, zinc, manganese, copper, folate, and calcium. It is also low in sodium and sugars.
Oatmeal and Diabetes Mellitus Type 2
Oatmeal has many benefits for diabetes mellitus type 2 patients, for it is rich in fibers that are crucial for digestion, as well as helping slow down converting carbohydrates into blood sugar (glucose), which helps prevent sudden spikes of blood sugar levels. Moreover, fibers are beneficial for the heart and can reduce cholesterol levels, which is critical for diabetes patients since they are more susceptible to heart diseases. Ans since oatmeal is rich in fibers, it makes you feel full for a long time, consequently you would not need to have snacks throughout the day. This helps balance the sugar level by maintaining a healthy weight, or losing excess weight. Consuming oatmeal might also help improve insulin sensitivity in each meal.
Delicious Oatmeal Porridge Breakfast for Diabetes Patients
There are many ways to make oatmeal, however, cooking oatmeal in hot water is the main and most common method. Today’s dish is a wonderful way to start your day since it will help you avoid sugar levels increase in the blood, not to mention its mouthwatering taste! Oatmeal porridge for diabetes patients is a delicious, healthy breakfast that you can prepare in only 15 minutes.
Oatmeal Porridge Recipe
Type of Meal: Main Meal – Breakfast/ Dessert.
Servings: 2-3 Persons.
Total Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes.
- 1 cup of whole oatmeal.
- 2 cups of coconut milk.
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey.
- 1 tablespoon of cashew/almond butter.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Dates, recommended nuts, and honey for garnish.
- Put all the ingredients into a pot over low heat while stirring contentiously until the ingredients combine and you have a thick mixture.
- Pour the porridge into a serving bowl, and put the dates, honey, and nuts on top for garnish. You can also add a pinch of cinnamon for a heavenly aroma and taste.
- Use fresh fruits instead of dried. Dried fruits contain a much higher sugar level than fresh fruits.
- You can add ground flax seeds for additional nutrients, since they contain fibers, and omega 3 fatty acids.
- Oatmeal is a main source of carbohydrates, therefore, consume it moderately.
- Exercising is beneficial for everyone, for it supplies you with energy, reduces stress, helps you relax, improves sleeping, and helps you maintain the sugar levels in the blood.
- Commit to a healthy diet. Make sure to consume diverse types of foods in order to acquire the necessary vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients for your body.
- Keep your doctor’s appointments, and do the necessary tests on time. This will help you manage diabetes mellitus type 2 efficiently.
Natural Supplements for Diabetes Mellitus
Super effecient supplement package for Diabetes type 2 with medicinal herbs. highly recommended by specialists at hekma center. order you package now.
Eat Healthy Recipe Book
Eat Healthy recipe book is one of the recipe book series from Hekma Center. This book offers 268 healthy, organic recipes that help maintain health and limit diseases.