Healthy Musakhan for Endometriosis
Women with endometriosis need to follow a healthy diet to limit the spreading of the disease to other organs and reduce the pain. Therefore, on Hekma Center website, we offer patients healthy recipes that contain various ingredients to help manage their condition without feeling deprived. In this article, let’s try a healthy dish, musakhan, for women with endometriosis, which helps them control the symptoms and provides many nutrients.
Musakhan contains large quantities of onions and other ingredients that make it nutritious and beneficial for boosting the immunity and increasing its ability to fight infections. So let’s learn about the benefits of these ingredients for your health.
Onion is a vegetable used in preparing many dishes because it gives a delicious taste and increases the nutritional values. It contains nutrients that are beneficial for women with endometriosis to manage their symptoms. Among the essential benefits for health, we mention the following:
Onions contain 25 types of flavonoids, which are antioxidants. One of these flavonoids is anthocyanins, which are in red onions in particular. These flavonoids are the reason for red onion’s color, and they protect against the risk of stomach cancer and colon cancer, which women with endometriosis are more likely to get.
As for the other types of antioxidants, they help strengthen bones and prevent osteoporosis. Women with endometriosis take progesterone injections, which have many side effects, like weakening the bones.
Moreover, onions provide quercetin that helps fight germs, especially bacteria. Germs are a source of many diseases, especially those with incurable diseases, such as endometriosis.
Organic Chicken Benefits
It is preferable to choose organic chicken when preparing meals to help manage your condition, unlike other chicken types that lead to health problems. Organic chicken means chickens that are naturally fed, and free of chemicals, such as hormones and vaccines used for poultry to increase their size in a few days. Among the nutrients available in organic chicken that are useful in managing endometriosis, we mention the following:
Organic chicken contains vitamin D necessary for calcium absorption, which strengthens the bones and protects the teeth. It also provides iron, an essential mineral for the formation of hemoglobin and reduction of anemia. Women with endometriosis are more likely to have anemia due to continuous uterine bleeding.
Additionally, organic chicken contains proteins that help increase muscle mass and reduce fatty tissues. These are beneficial for women with endometriosis to make them strong and energetic.
Sumac is one of the spices used to prepare musakhan. This spice does not only add a delicious taste, but it is also a source of many essential nutrients that help reduce endometriosis symptoms. For example, it helps reduce cancer risk, fight infections, and reduce harmful fats levels because it contains many antioxidants.
Healthy Musakhan for Endometriosis
- 4 organic chicken breast slices.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 2 cinnamon sticks.
- Onion, cut into halves.
- 2 cardamom pods.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice.
Red Onions Mixture Ingredients
- 6 large red onions.
- ½ cup olive oil.
- ¼ cup sumac.
- Pinch of cumin powder.
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic.
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice to taste.
- 500 grams cold buttermilk.
- ¼ cup liquid tahini.
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice.
- Pinch of salt.
- 2 medium loaf wholemeal Arabic bread.
- Pine or almond nuts, sumac, parsley, and pomegranate.
- Put the chicken with water in a saucepan, then leave to boil for 5 minutes to make sure it is cleaned.
- Drain the chicken from boiling water.
- Add hot water to the chicken again, then add cardamom pods, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, onions cut in half, spices, and salt, then leave it on medium heat until the chicken is cooked.
- Cut the bread into squares, add two tablespoons of olive oil, then put it in the oven until it is golden and crispy. You can also put it in an air fryer instead of the oven.
- Drain the chicken after it is cooked, keep the chicken broth, and cut the chicken into medium pieces.
- Cut the onions into julienne wings, put them in a wide frying pan and saute over medium heat until slightly wilted.
- Add olive oil to the onions after you turn off the heat, then add the chicken, sumac, spices and salt to the onions and stir until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Mix all sauce ingredients.
- Spread the toasted bread evenly in a serving bowl.
- Spread the chicken mixture, onion, and sumac evenly over the bread, then put about half a cup of the filtered chicken broth.
- Cover with buttermilk sauce mixture.
- Serve straight and hot, garnish with almond or pine nuts, parsley, pomegranate, and sumac.
Natural Supplements for Endometriosis
Super effecient supplement package for Endometriosis with medicinal herbs. highly recommended by specialists at hekma center. order you package now.
Eat Healthy Recipe Book
Eat Healthy recipe book is one of the recipe book series from Hekma Center. This book offers 268 healthy, organic recipes that help maintain health and limit diseases.