Almond Milk Importance for Depression Patients
Purchasing bottled almond milk from the market is sure easy, but nothing compares to fresh homemade almond milk. Commercial almond milk contains thickeners, stabilizers, emulsifiers, and sweeteners, while reducing the almond level. Therefore, it is less beneficial. However, when preparing almond milk from scratch, you can use the best types of nuts and have it without sweeteners, or with your choice of healthy sweeteners and flavors. Homemade almond milk with vanilla for relieving depression is rich in proteins and good fats. You can prepare this milk using almond and water, and you can add vanilla for a hint of sweetness.
All nuts are delicious, but most importantly healthy. But when it comes to alleviating depression symptoms, almond, cashew, and walnut top the list. Almond decreases bad cholesterol level, and it is rich in magnesium and potassium, which help the oxygen flow freely in the blood. Moreover, it contains vitamins B and C, which are critical for depression.
As for vanilla, it is a classic, and we all grew up loving it, whether in ice cream or any other dessert. Vanilla’s benefits are not limited to being a flavor for desserts, including vanilla enough in your diet can have a positive impact on your body. Since it can calm your nerves with its pleasant smell, refresh your mind, and boost your energy. Furthermore, vanilla oil acts as an antidepressant and a mood maker. Therefore, when you are feeling frustrated add some vanilla to your warm almond milk and improve your mood.
Almond Milk with Vanilla Recipe
Type of Meal: Beverage/ Dessert.
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes.
Servings: 4 Persons.
Can last for up to 3 days.
- 1 cup of chopped almonds, already soaked for 8 hours.
- 4 cups of water.
- 1 vanilla stick.
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup.
- Soak the almonds for 6-8 hours, you will notice that the almonds became bigger.
- Drain off excess water, then put the almonds in a blender.
- Add the water and maple syrup to the blender.
- Place the vanilla stick on a soft surface, then scrap it with a knife to collect the vanilla seeds.
- Add a very small amount of vanilla to the mixture.
- Blend the ingredients on medium power, then increase gradually and keep blending for 3 hours.
- Sterilize a glass jar with hot water and dry it off, then strain the almond milk into the jar through a fine sieve or a cloth strainer.
- Close the jar tightly and enjoy a glass of homemade fresh almond milk before placing it in the refrigerator.
- Do not add the vanilla if you want to use the almond milk for savory recipes.
- Almond is a great source of omega 3, which can help alleviate depression symptoms and anxiety symptoms.
- Use soy, almond, or organic goat milk instead of processed milk, especially cow milk products and powdered milk.
- Depression can impact your appetite. Not consuming food means not getting any nutrients, and not getting nutrients means your brain will not be nurtured; leading to depression.