Healthy Detox Water for Diabetes
No to Sugary Drinks
The worst thing you can do when trying to commit to a healthy diet is drinking sugary drinks, such as colas, iced tea, flavored milk and artificial fruit juices. The effect of these drinks on blood sugar levels is huge because they contain a large amount of sugar that raises blood sugar levels very quickly, so it is best to avoid them. Let’s learn how to make a refreshing alternative to these sugary drinks, let’s prepare healthy detox water for diabetes type 2.
Healthy Detox Water for Diabetes
Detox water does not directly affect blood sugar levels. Preparing drinks that are low in carbohydrates and calories is essential for diabetes patients.
Meal type: cold beverage\ detox water.
Servings: 2 liters.
Total preparation time: 3 minutes.
You Need to Prepare the Following
- 2 stars anise.
- ¼ cup orange blossom water.
- ¼ cup rose water.
- 2 slices fresh ginger; people with high blood pressure should avoid adding ginger.
- 3 slices fresh lemon.
- 3 fresh mints.
- 1 teaspoon mountain honey (optional).
- 2 liters pure water.
- Strawberry ice cubes. You can get strawberry ice cubes by preparing them in advance in molds designed to freeze ice cubes. Add fresh strawberries in the appropriate size in each mold and pour water over it. You can add a little blossom water and a little rose water, then leave them in the freezer for an hour or more until they freeze.
Let’s Make the Drink
- Wash all components well with water.
- Prepare lemon slices, ginger, mint, and anise.
- Add all ingredients in a detox glass water bottle that has a strainer inside.
- Add to the previous ingredients two liters of pure water, and strawberries ice cubes.
- You can drink it after 2 hours. It is considered good for 12 hours, then remove all ingredients and keep the rest of the water.
- This is how to prepare refreshing water, which is also suitable to serve it for guests.
Healthy Detox Water Ingredients
If you are looking for a way to increase your water intake, you can try detox water because it contains ingredients that help purify your body from toxins, help you lose weight and boost your energy.
This drink contains strawberries, a healthy fruit that is low in calories and helps maintain a healthy weight. Maintaining a healthy weight can naturally lower blood sugar and help reduce the risk of diabetes complications.
Furthermore, strawberries contain vitamin C and magnesium. Magnesium can improve insulin resistance, reduce the risk of developing diabetes type 2, and help control sugar levels. As for vitamin C, it is an antioxidant that helps reduce some diabetes complications, such as high blood pressure.
As for lemons, they contain vitamin C, which helps control blood sugar levels. They also contain potassium, which helps reduce blood pressure, reduces the risk of strokes and heart attacks that patients with diabetes are more likely to develop.
Adding ginger is an excellent option because it helps in losing weight, reducing body fats, lowering blood sugar levels and increasing insulin sensitivity. It can also help protect against heart problems that happen due to diabetes. The anti-inflammatory properties of ginger also help prevent some diabetes complications.