A Healthy Choice of Dessert for People with Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s Disease PD (also known as Shaking Palsy or Paralysis Agitans) is a neurodegenerative disorder that occurs when the brain cells that produce Dopamine die; dopamine is an important neurotransmitter in the brain, its deficiency affects the motor system in general, especially the limbs (hands and feet). Some of the most apparent symptoms are tremors, shaking or trembling in the limbs, the symptoms worsen over time and movement gradually slows down until reaching the final stage of entire stiffness or Catalepsy.
Benefits of Dates for People with Parkinson
Dates are rich in fiber, mineral nutrients and necessary vitamins that enhance the nervous system and the brain; therefore, they are very beneficial for people with parkinson’s.
It is important for people with shaking palsy to consume numerous types of dates, for it contributes to protecting the cells from damage, since it contains a high level of antioxidants that help decrease the dying of body and brain cells.
Tahini Benefits for People with Parkinson’s Disease
People extract tahini from sesame seeds. Research found that consuming sesame seeds products and extracts helps manage the dopamine level in the body. Sesame also contains polymers called Lignin that hold vital importance. This chemical component has antioxidant properties that help eradicate free radicals and protect the body cells from damage. Therefore, this makes organic tahini a rich healthy source for people with parkinson.
Tahini- Date Balls Recipe to Mitigate the Symptoms of PD
This recipe is delicious and quick to make in different occasions, you could have it as a sweet light snack or as a dessert, since it is a healthy substitute for sweet chocolate and processed sugar.
- 150g organic date paste.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
- Raw nuts according to taste (for coating).
- Tahini sauce ( you can drizzle on top)
- Date paste spices (optional)
Instructions- How to Make Dessert for People with Parkinson
- Combine the date paste with coconut oil and paste spices and mix well.
- Divide and shape the paste into even medium-sized balls.
- Place the ground pistachio in a deep small container.
- Place the paste ball in the previously prepared nut container; then roll the ball until it is completely coated.
- Repeat steps for the remaining balls.
- Present in a serving plate with tahini sauce on the side.
- You can preserve balls in a sealed contained up to one week where it will maintain its shape and taste.