Tahini-Date Balls for People with Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system attacks itself, leading to damaging the protective sheath (myelin), which is a fatty substance that covers nerve fibers in the brain and the spinal cord.
When myelin is damaged, messages transmitted through the nerves alter or completely stop.
MS symptoms include severe fatigue during the day, numbness in the limbs, urinating problems, depression, speech disorders at times, memory problems, as well as bowel dysfunctions leading to indigestion and constipation.
Date Benefits for People with MS
Date is a great meal choice for people with multiple sclerosis, it is healthy and sweet but most importantly it is a great source of energy; it contains a high level of carbohydrates and naturally occurring sugars like glucose also contain vitamins and mineral nutrients like Potassium that helps enhancing the functions of the nerves. Date also contains the necessary fiber that enhances the functions of the gastrointestinal system and eases constipation. and Moreover, it enhances the memory and increases the focus level for people with Multiple Sclerosis.
Tahini Benefits for People with Multiple Sclerosis
Tahini contains essential fatty acids EFA, which hold great importance for MS patients that the human body is unable to produce; therefore they must be taken from certain foods sources like Tahini sauce which is extracted from sesame seeds.
The Recipe of Tahini-Date Balls for MS patients
- 150g organic date paste.
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil.
- Tahini sauce (drizzle on top).
- Raw nuts (optional).
- 1 pinch of date paste spices (optional).
- Combine the date paste with coconut oil and paste spices and mix well.
- Divide and shape the paste into even medium-sized balls.
- Place the ground cashew or your choice of nuts in a small container.
- Place the paste ball in the previously prepared nut container; roll the ball until you coat them completely.
- Repeat steps for the remaining balls.
- Lastly, you can present in the serving plate with tahini sauce on the side, or preserve in a sealed contained up to one week, and it will maintain its shape and taste.
- You can coat the date balls for MS patients with sesame seeds, cashew, walnut or coconut flakes.
- Make sure the Tahini sauce is organic.
Natural Supplements for Multiple Sclerosis
Super effecient supplement package for Multiple Sclerosis - MS with medicinal herbs. highly recommended by specialists at hekma center. order now.
Eat Healthy Recipe Book
Eat Healthy recipe book is one of the recipe book series from Hekma Center. This book offers 268 healthy, organic recipes that help maintain health and limit diseases.