Benefits of Curcumin and Curcuma Longa Extract
Curcumin (Turmeric) and Curcuma longa extract have many benefits and medicinal properties that contribute to treating many diseases, including:
- Different types of cancer, especially stomach cancer, liver cancer, lung cancer, and uterine cancer.
- Chronic inflammations, especially rheumatoid arthritis.
- Autoimmune diseases.
- Infectious mononucleosis (Mono) and Herpes simplex virus.
- Different viral infections.
- Fatty liver disease and Cirrhosis.
- Decrease the cholesterol and triglycerides levels in the blood.
- Detox the body.
- Digestive system disorders, like indigestion, lack or no absorption of nutrients in the intestines. Moreover, Curcumin helps to decrease nausea, and treat bowel inflammation, stomach ulcer, and duodenal ulcer.
- Diabetes type 1 and type 2, it is in fact a rare treatment for diabetes type 1.
- Treat and prevent Alzheimer’s disease and memory impairment.
- Help to treat skin diseases, such as psoriasis, eczema, and skin asthma.
- Powdered Curcuma longa root – Spice
Other Benefits of Curcuma Longa Extract
- Increases breastmilk.
- Increases the blood flow to the lower part of the body.
- Treats pains caused by humidity, and stiffness due to cold air.
- Reregulates the menstrual cycle that stopped due to the cold, or anemia.
- Eases menstruation pains.
- Eases stomach pains, especially epigastrium pain, and pains caused by the cold or by indigestion.
- Cleanses the joints from toxins and supplies them with blood. It also helps to get rid of joint pains.
- Decreases pains in the arms, legs, and joints, especially shoulder pain caused by humidity and the cold.
- It is beneficial for the elderly who suffer from digestive system disorders. Moreover, it treats weakness, loss of appetite, and absorption problems.
Tip: If the symptoms are accompanied by bad mood, sadness and depression, we recommend taking Curcuma longa roots with ginger and other herbs from the ginger family.
- Treats constant constipation.
- Decreases the damages of chemotherapy and radiotherapy in cancer patients.
- Treats various diseases.
- Taking a high dose of Curcumin 8000 milligrams daily can increase the pH of the stomach, leading to heartburn and stomach ulcers.
- Beware when taking a dose larger than 8000 milligrams daily in case you take blood thinner medications, like Coumadin, since curcumin has natural anticoagulant properties.
- Do not take it if you are pregnant. Although it is permitted for nursing mothers.
Note: Large doses of Curcumin can cause temporary yellowing of the skin.