Antiviral Mashed Tomatoes with Goat Yoghurt and Garlic

Tomatoes

Although tomatoes are a fruit, they are eaten and prepared like a vegetable. They are a dietary source of lycopene, an antioxidant, which has several health benefits, such as reducing the risk of heart disease and cancer. They are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.

Moreover, tomatoes are usually red when ripe and can come in many colors, including yellow, orange, green and purple. There are also many types of tomatoes in different shapes and flavors. Keep reading and learn how to prepare a mashed tomatoes breakfast for herpes (HSV) patients.

Antiviral Mashed Tomatoes with Goat Yoghurt and Garlic

Meal type: breakfast.

Servings: 2 – 3 people.

Preparation time: 10 minutes.

The Ingredients

  • 3 red tomatoes.
  • ½ cup organic goat yoghurt.
  • 3 garlic cloves, cut into small pieces.
  • 1 teaspoon goat butter.
  • Pinch of Himalayan salt.

Preparation Method

  1. Boil the tomatoes.
  2. Peel the tomatoes and put them on a plate.
  3. Mash the tomatoes, and then add yoghurt.
  4. Fry the garlic with olive oil to a golden to make the sauce.
  5. Add the sauce to the tomatoes and yoghurt.
  6. Garnish the dish with green onions, basil or green mint, and serve.

Nutrients in Tomatoes

Tomatoes are made up of 95% water, while the remaining 5% represents carbohydrates and fiber. Simple sugars, such as glucose and fructose, account for nearly 70% of the carbohydrate content.

Furthermore, tomatoes are a good source of many different vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, an essential nutrient and antioxidant. They also contain potassium, vitamin K1, and folic acid. In addition, they provide various plant compounds, such as lycopene, beta carotene, chlorogenic acid and chlorophyll.

Tomatoes and Skin

Tomatoes are good for the skin because they contain lycopene and other plant compounds. They can promote wound healing because they provide vitamin C, an essential ingredient in many skin care products.

This vitamin can help the growth of new connective tissue, which may help treat wounds and speed up the healing process. It also can stimulate collagen production.

Additionally, tomatoes can calm skin inflammation because they contain many compounds, such as lycopene, beta carotene, lutein, vitamin E, and vitamin C, which have anti-inflammatory properties.

Tomatoes and HSV

Tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant, in addition to many other vitamins and micronutrients, such as folic acid, all of which are essential for boosting immune system functions.

Moreover, tomatoes contain vitamin C, which is necessary for forming, supporting and healing tissues. This vitamin also boosts the immune system by protecting white blood cells and increasing the production of antibodies. A strong immune system is essential to keep HSV in an inactive state.

As previously mentioned, tomatoes are beneficial for the skin because they nourish and protect it. Patients with HSV need to have healthy skin because the disease causes many sores and blisters during outbreaks, and they need to support the skin to speed the recovery.

Finally, lysine and arginine are two amino acids that affect HSV outbreaks and symptoms. Lysine prevents the virus from replicating, which helps reduce the duration and frequency of the symptoms. As for arginine, it helps the virus replication. Therefore, diets rich in lysine and low in arginine are beneficial for those with HSV, such as a diet that contains tomatoes.

Tip:
  • Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits because they are rich in fibers that help purify the body from toxins and manage genital herpes.
  • Increase your intake of vegetables and fruits because they are a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals necessary for the immune system.

Suggested Product