Benefits of Almond Milk with Vanilla
Almond milk is made by blending almonds with water then straining the mixture to remove chunks. It is creamy and has a delicious flavor similar to regular milk. And it is a suitable choice for people who are on a vegan diet or lactose-intolerant. Almond milk has many benefits, let’s find out the importance of almond milk with vanilla for diabetes patients.
You can purchase almond milk from most grocery stores. However, diabetes patients must be careful, because many companies add sugar and make the milk from peeled almonds, removing most fibers and a big part of antioxidants in almonds, which reduces their nutritious value. For these reasons, prefer to make almond milk at home to control the quality and quantity of the ingredients. The concentration of nutrients in almond milk depends on the amount of almond and water. And almond milk is naturally rich in many vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin H.
Eating almonds as a light snack and drinking almond milk as a part of a balanced diet, might help diabetes patients alleviate the symptoms of the disease and reduce the risk of complications. Almond milk is low in carbohydrates and rich in fats and proteins. Therefore, it does not cause a sudden increase in the sugar levels in the blood. Moreover, a diet rich in almonds would help improve insulin sensitivity. Almonds are rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol. It is important to know that diabetes contributes to reducing good cholesterol and increase triglyceride levels, which as a result might increase the risk of heart diseases and strokes.
Recipe for Almond Milk with Vanilla for Diabetes Patients
Type of Meal: Beverage/ Dessert.
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes.
Servings: 4 Persons.
Lasts up to: 3 Days.
- 1 cup of almonds soaked for 8 hours.
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup.
- 4 cups of water.
- 1 fresh vanilla stick.
- Before preparing the almond milk, soak the almonds in clean water for 6-8 hours.
- Drain off excess water, and put the almonds along with the water and maple syrup in a blender.
- Scrap the vanilla stick with a knife to collect the vanilla beans.
- Add a little bit of vanilla to the almond milk.
- Blend the ingredients on medium power, then gradually increase the power, and blend for 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a dry bottle sterilized in hot water through a sieve or a cloth strainer in order to have smooth creamy milk.
- Tightly close the bottle and enjoy a glass of fresh almond milk before you put it in the fridge.
- Prefer to use soy, almond, or organic goat milk instead of processed milk products, especially cow milk products and powdered milk.
- Almond milk is low in carbohydrates, which makes it ideal for people on a low-carb diet, and people who need to monitor the sugar level in the blood.
- Almond milk offers many health benefits. Considering that these nuts are rich in protein and good fats, therefore, they increase the feeling of fullness, help regulate the sugar level in the blood, and contribute to losing weight.
Natural Supplements for Diabetes Mellitus
Super effecient supplement package for Diabetes type 2 with medicinal herbs. highly recommended by specialists at hekma center. order you package now.
Eat Healthy Recipe Book
Eat Healthy recipe book is one of the recipe book series from Hekma Center. This book offers 268 healthy, organic recipes that help maintain health and limit diseases.