Healthy Diet and Daily Instructions for People Who Suffer from Pneumonia – Allowed:
It is important for people who have pneumonia to abide by the following instructions.
GENERAL ADVICE FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE PNEUMONIA:
- Get enough rest and sleep.
- Do relaxation exercises such as yoga and breathing exercises.
- Inhale rosemary vapor.
- Take nectar honey or sidr honey to help expectorate phlegm and sputum.
- If you suffer from edema – fluid accumulation, you should take 1 mashed clove of garlic with the honey twice a day.
- We recommend you to take the following supplements: Zinc picolinate, moringa oleifera, and feverfew, especially if you have zinc deficiency or you suffer from recurrent flu and pneumonia.
LIQUIDS (WATER- JUICES- TEAS)
- Drink plenty of water and fluids. Preferably drink juices of fruits and vegetables that are rich in antioxidants and bioflavonoids that assist the immune system in fighting viruses and bacteria that cause pneumonia.
- Make hot soups especially ones that contain root vegetables because it help detoxify the body from toxins and reduce cough.
- Drink rosemary tea, sage (salvia) tea, marjoram (oregano) tea, mint tea, ginger tea and cinnamon tea.
FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- Consume foods that reduce phlegm such as oatmeal, garlic, onion, alfalfa sprouts, kohlrabi and radish.
- Consume foods that are considered potent phlegm and sputum expectorants such as leafy greens, apricots, persimmon and papaya.
- Prefer to consume foods that are considered anti-inflammatory such as onions, garlic and ginger. These foods are very potent against pneumonia.
- Adhere to a healthy diet by eating more fruits and vegetables as a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. preferably eat leafy greens and orange vegetables such as sweet potatoes, pumpkins and carrots.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin C because it increases immunity.
Prefer to eat sweet red pepper, kiwi, guava, leafy greens, citrus fruits ONLY in moderation because it may increase cough and phlegm.
- Prefer to eat fresh mushroom, especially reishi mushroom.
WHOLE GRAINS – LEGUMES – SEEDS AND NUTS
- Consume flaxseeds because it contain fatty acids, omega3 in particular.
Omega3 alleviates inflammation and increases immunity.
- Consume foods that contain other essential fatty acids such as nuts, almonds, seeds and olive oil. Nuts and seeds should be consumed in their natural form so that it does not lose its nutritional value.
FISH AND SEAFOOD
- Consume foods that contain omega3 fatty acids. Prefer to eat sardines, salmon, tuna, herring, mackerel, halibut, and semolina.
Omega3 alleviates inflammation and helps increase your immunity.
Healthy Diet and Daily Instructions for People Who Suffer from Pneumonia – Prohibited:
- Polluted air.
- Avoid exhaustion and stress.
- Foods that increase the secretion of phlegm such as milk, dairy, citrus fruits, bananas, peanuts, sugar, candy and sweets, fried food, and fat.
- Foods that weaken immunity and induce inflammations such as sugars, milk, dairy, alcohol, eggplants, potatoes, tomatoes, sweet pepper and excessive consumption of citruses.
- Allergenic foods such as corn, wheat, milk, dairy, peanuts, sweet pepper, eggplants, tomatoes, potatoes and food dyes. These foods weaken the immune system and increase phlegm.
- Processed and canned food that contain preservatives, food dyes and flavorings because it weakens the immune system.
- Alcohol and energy drinks are not good for people who suffer from pneumonia.