Healthy Diet and Daily Instructions for People Who Suffer from Pulmonary Fibrosis – Allowed:
It is important for people who have pulmonary fibrosis to abide by the following instructions.
GENERAL ADVICE FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE PULMONARY FIBROSIS:
- Massage the chest area and the lungs with olive oil.
- Get plenty of rest and sleep, also avoid stress and try to relax more.
- Do breathing exercise (inhale and exhale) like yoga.
- Do daily exercise (light sport) and walk at a steady pace.
- Go to the physiotherapists and do some exercises to get rid of phlegm.
- Lift the bed or the pillows to make breathing easier and reduce cough.
- It is recommended to take propolis capsules.
- To immediately relieve cough, you can squeeze one lemon in a glass of water and add 2tsp of nectar honey and mint.
- Disorders in the digestive system and malabsorption in patients with pulmonary fibrosis – Interstitial lung disease, might cause deficiency in some vitamins and minerals. it is recommended to supply your body with extra dosages of these vitamins and minerals preferably from a natural source like Moringa oleifera. Patients with pulmonary fibrosis would most probably have deficiency in vitamins E, D, A, K, B12, and C, and minerals such as selenium, zinc, and magnesium.
LIQUIDS (WATER- JUICES- TEAS)
- Drink 3 glasses of water (approximately 400ml) every morning on an empty stomach. You can dissolve 1tbsp of raw nectar honey to the 3 glasses of water. Preferably wait at least ½ -1 hours before you have your breakfast (for cleansing of the stomach and intestines).
- You should drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
- Drink rosemary tea and inhale rosemary vapor (ask our staffing team for instructions).
- Prefer to drink sage tea, fennel tea, cinnamon tea, licorice tea, and ginger tea.
- Drink a solution of ¼tsp of sodium bicarbonate dissolved in 250ml of water (1-2 glasses a day) for 1 month.
- Mix onion juice with honey together by 1:1 and boil until fume disappears (the process might take over an hour), then turn off fire, wait until it cools and store it in the fridge. Take 3tbsp every day.
- It is also recommended that you drink fresh juices of fruits and vegetable.
FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- Take one crushed clove of garlic with a spoon full of honey in the morning and another one in the evening to help with pulmonary fibrosis.
- Consume foods that help reduce phlegm such as: onions, garlic, swedes, radish, oat, sprouts and red clover.
- Eat plenty of vegetables and leafy greens and orange vegetables like carrots, pumpkins and sweet potatoes. Also eat foods high in vitamin C like kiwi, guava, and red pepper.
- Consume fruits and vegetables that helps expectorate phlegm such as apricots, papaya, persimmon, and leafy greens like lettuce, watercress, mallow, jaw’s mallow, spinach, and celery.
- Eat vegetables that have anti-inflammatory properties such as ginger, garlic and onions of different kinds.
- It is recommended to eat Reishi mushroom.
- Eat fruits and vegetables high in antioxidants.
WHOLE GRAINS – LEGUMES – SEEDS AND NUTS
- Eat foods high in protein such as: legumes, nuts, soybeans, quinoa, and rice.
- Eat 1tbsp of ground fresh cumin twice a day.
- Prefer to eat flaxseeds and nuts because they are high in omega 3 fatty acid.
- Eat non-roasted nuts like almonds, pecan, pumpkin seeds, watermelon seeds, and sunflower seeds.
- Take 1tbsp of fresh turmeric in the morning and another one in the evening.
- Prefer to eat whole grains because they are high in antioxidants.
FISH AND SEAFOOD
- Prefer to consume fish because it is rich in protein.
- Eat foods high in omega 3 like salmon, sardines, tuna, and seafood.
Healthy Diet and Daily Instructions for People Who Suffer from Pulmonary Fibrosis – Prohibited:
- Dairy especially that is made of cow milk or powdered milk. Preferably, replace it with soy milk, almond milk, or organic goat milk.
- Red meat especially veal, beef. You should also reduce the consumption of lamb meat and chicken and replace it with fish, seafood, poultry meat like pigeons.
- Refined sugars and saturated fats such as chocolate, cakes, biscuits, and white sugar.
- Avoid cigarettes and stay away from polluted air.
- Stay away from sick people to avoid infections.
- White flour and foods made of white flour such as bread, spaghetti and pastries, because they all make breathing much harder.
- Citrus fruits (except lemon). Even though it is high in vitamin C , it increases secretion of sputum which increases coughing and makes breathing much harder which does not help in case of pulmonary fibrosis – Interstitial lung disease.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, sodas and energy drinks.
- Fast food, processed food, canned food and snacks that contain preservatives and food coloring.
- Citric acid.
- Caffeinated beverages such as coffee and Nescafé.
- Allergenic foods (Corn, banana, pistachios), fried foods, hydrogenated oils, and saturated fats.
Natural Supplements for Pneumonia
Super effecient supplement package for pneumonia with medicinal herbs. highly recommended by specialists at hekma center. order you package now.